The Need to Persevere amidst These are the Crucibles of Maturity

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

The Need to Persevere amidst These are the Crucibles of Maturity

Post by kpowell »

The Need To Persevere
"One of the greatest examples of perseverance in the Bible is Jacob. "

"We can know what is right and exercise our wills to do the right thing; but when we are under pressure, it can be very difficult to keep holding on to God and His promises.
That’s because we are weak and fearful.

Therefore, one of the important strengths of the Christian is perseverance, the ability to keep going despite wanting to give up."

The Need To Persevere
"Jacob’s blessing came because he held on through the pain. So it is with us.
God also may dislocate our “hip” and then call us to hang on to Him through our pain. Indeed,
God allowed the painful scars to continue
—Jacob was still limping when he met his brother.

To outside appearances it was a weakness, but for Jacob it was an indication of his strength."
Genesis 32:30
"And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, for I have seen God face to face
and my life is preserved"
" (Genesis 32)
What does this story say to us about perseverance, even amid great discouragement? "

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Cutting down, not going too fast
A news report that was shared with me yesterday, which spoke of a man who was 57 yr old and caught speeding at about 200 km per hour said that he does everything fast
Who refused to pay his speeding ticket
According to the man he does everything fast, he eats, talks fast, drives, walks, sleeps fast and read fast
The judge claims, Let’s see how fast you can do a 6 mths sentence!!

++++++++++++++++++++++
"There is a big difference between cutting down and pruning. We cut down plants that we don’t want anymore; we prune plants that we want to develop into greater fruitfulness. Both processes, however, do involve a sharp knife. Indeed, pruning requires cutting parts off the plant that might seem to a novice gardener like destroying it. "

Crucibles Of Maturity
"Notice that Paul’s “thorn” had a definite purpose: “to keep me from becoming conceited” (2 Cor. 12:7, NIV). It was not because of any specific sin he had committed but to prevent him from sinning in the future. Paul recognized that by nature he had a weakness to sin and that this “thorn” could guard against it."

The Crucibles Of Maturity

Be encouraged by 2 Corinthians 12:9

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bible texts:
1 John 3:2
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
2 Corinthians 12:9
Genesis 32
Genesis 32:30

LOGIN