Be careful out there_ Swiftness could save your life (be swift to receive the gift of God through Christ Jesus

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

Be careful out there_ Swiftness could save your life (be swift to receive the gift of God through Christ Jesus

Post by kpowell »

Bible Texts:

John 15:13
Rom. 5:12-21
1 John 5:11- 12
John 11:25

TOPIC: Be careful out there_ Swiftness could save your life (be swift to receive the gift of God through Christ Jesus our Saviour)

"Thus, the apostle John adds, “God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:11, 12, NRSV)."

"The whole picture becomes clearer in light of Jesus’ statements: “ ‘Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day’ ” (John 6:40, NIV), and “ ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live’ ” (John 11:25, NRSV)."

"This means that eternal life is a gift of God through Christ, which is secured in the present but fully enjoyed only after the final resurrection of the righteous.

The conclusion is very simple: if everlasting life is granted only to those who are in Christ, then those who are not in Him do not have everlasting life (1 John 5:11, 12).

Mamoudou Gassama: what the ‘Spider-Man’ of Paris did next The Malian who scaled a Paris building to save a child on meeting Macron, immigration and his new life in the spotlight
French President Emmanuel Macron suspended all protocols and official meetings to meet the courageous Gassama at the Elysee Palace in Paris, where he assured that the hero would be made an honourary citizen and all his papers regularized.
During the meeting, Mr Macron said: “You saved a child. Without you, no one knows what would have become of him.”
The father of the child was detained for alleged parental neglect.

There are many things to learn from this young man’s story.
The World Will Judge You By Your Action And Not Your Intention
Khalil Gibran said: “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.
This man who was only 22 years old at the time: said he would have tried his best to save this child, even if it cost him his life.

Who does this story remind you of?
What stands out for you?

It reminds me of Christ Jesus who accepted the call and or request of His Heavenly Father to put His life on the line for you and for me.
We are all guilty of doing, saying and thinking things that are sinful, for which death is the ultimate punishment/ penalty. BUT Christ Jesus accepted the challenge out of love for us and put himself in my place, in your place so that we can have an opportunity to accept his gift of freedom from sin and choose to do His will and inherit our heavenly reward.
It is this GRACE that speak volumes to my heart today and it should leave you speechless to know that even before you knew Him as your Saviour, He died in your place to give you hope, to give you a new beginning to give you a new life of renewal and peace in Him.

The ultimate love !!

John 15:13 King James Version

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
I pray that you will choose Christ Jesus today because He is your ultimate friend.

May the peace of God be with you today as we recommit our lives to Him for His name's honour and glory.

LOGIN