Protection when we need it most

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

Protection when we need it most

Post by kpowell »

Ephesians 6:10;11

Memory Text: “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil” (Ephesians 6:10, 11, ESV).

Bleary-eyed, the servant stumbles out of his lodgings and sees an alarming sight—a large, well-equipped and hostile army with “troops, horses, and chariots everywhere.” Speaking to the prophet Elisha, he stammers out the news, along with his harried question, “ ‘Oh, sir, what will we do now?’ ”

"Elisha responds, “ ‘Don’t be afraid! . . . For there are more on our side than on theirs!’ ” a response that fails to register in the face of his servant. Elisha, pulling him close, prays for him: “ ‘O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!’ ” The prophet’s prayer is answered immediately. The servant steps to the ramparts again, but this time the veil between the seen and the unseen lifts. He now sees not one army, but two. “The Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire” (2 Kings 6:15-17, NLT)."

like the endurance and faith like Job
though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. I will still not let go.
God's permissive will allows it.

it could be Depression, Pain, heartache ...

Though in the wilderness, you are isolated from distractions BUT not alone
You are studying the word of God
prayer becomes your daily food
It teaches you to have an enduring faith

If you don't have a wilderness experience you will never make it.
It is to prove what is in you
++++++++++++++++

Rather than complaining and winning
we should instead be encouraging ourselves because we are almost home

the takeaway message is : Trust God because He is always there

Even when you don't see Him, He is always there !

I have tried Him and chosen Him to lead my life and
oh what a transformation and daily restoration!

I will never look back, pressing faithfully forwards as I hold on to Christ Jesus my Saviour!

I pray those who have not, will have their personal experience with God and choose to put Him 1st in your life

LOGIN