I will go and be confident in Christ Jesus my Saviour

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

Fault/Bug I will go and be confident in Christ Jesus my Saviour

Post by kpowell »

Topic: I will go and be confident in Christ Jesus my Saviour

Bible Texts:
Proverbs 3:5-6
Matthew 7:21-24

Doubt is a real thing that we struggle with
I struggle with it, do you struggle with it too?
John the Baptist struggled with it
He sent a message with his disciples to ask Jesus if he was the one promised to come or should they look for someone else?

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

The story is entitled: I packed your parachute, now jump!!
A summary version of a story told by a friend of mine about
Captain Charlie Plumb

" On his 75th mission, just five days before the end of his tour, Plumb was shot down over Hanoi, taken prisoner, tortured, and spent the next 2,103 days in North Vietnamese Prisoner of War camps. His first prison cell was 8 ft. long and 8 ft. wide. During his nearly six years of captivity, Plumb distinguished himself as a pro in underground communications. He was a great inspiration to all the other POWs and served as chaplain for two years.
He retired from the United States Navy with the rank of Captain after 31 years of service.
To this day, Captain Plumb continues to fly left seat at every opportunity.

He was reunited with the man who packed his parachute, which ultimately saved his life when he had to eject from his fighter jet as he got shut down. He was in a restaurant in his small hometown in USA, and as he ate his meal, he saw this man string at him from another table. He fekt a but uncomfortable as he tried to eat. When he finished paying for his meal and turned to leave, the man got up from his table and called out to him, are you Captain Charlie Plumb? yes he eplied in astonishment. Who are you you? and how do you know my name.

The man confessed that he wondered what ever happened to the man whose parachute he packd on that faithful day. He heard that his plan got shot down. When he saw the Captain, he was overjoyed because he knew then that he had done his job faithfully and had folded the parachute the correct way. Captain Plumb started crying as he shook the man hand and said: I thanked God that day when i had to use the parachute and i was able to easuly find the right strings to pull at the right time. I never know i would ever meet the man who saved my life.

They embraced each other and went their separate ways feeling happy.

Your Creator God Almighty in Heaven says, just trust me !!

God wants us to trust him when life makes no sense
when the future seems uncertain, when we have no strength to take the next step forward
He gives us the power, the strength, the determination to take the next step

Is there anything in your life to prevent you from making that step and trusting God today?
If so, give it up and choose Christ Jesus right now!

LOGIN