By His Grace, Strength in Weakness

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

By His Grace, Strength in Weakness

Post by kpowell »

The story was read for May 19th from the devotional Solid Ground by Mark Finley

The life changing experience of Dave Dravecky the famous Baseball player from San Francisco at Candlestick Park, USA.
While playing in Montreal, winning the game, then suddenly, as he pitched, his arm broke. He collapsed in a heap at the foot of the mound. The whole crowd heard that awful snap of the bone.

As they carried Dave off the field he quietly affirmed his faith in God. That faith did not waiver during the ling months of uncertainty. Finally, doctors determined that they had no choice but to amputate his arm and they did.
Did Dave become bitter when God did not heal him, leaving him with a lifelong handicap? No, Not at all.

Secular sports writers around the country marvelled at his faith , solid as a rock!!
God invites us to hang on to him with the hand of faith.

+++++++++
By His Grace

In this day and age, many people are filled with worry about their future. They live stressed out, wondering, “What’s going to happen if I get laid off?” “How am I going to handle it if my loved one doesn’t make it?” Or, “My parents are getting older. How can I take care of them and my own family at the same time?” Here is the answer: God’s grace is going to be there at every stage of your life to help you do whatever you need to do. God’s grace is what saves us, but that’s not all. His grace is His enabling power. His grace will give you the strength, wisdom and favor to accomplish what you could not normally accomplish on your own. His grace is sufficient for whatever you need in your future.

If you’re in a difficult marriage, if you’re raising a child that's hard, if you’re facing a sickness, one thing you can count on is that the grace of God will be there. Receive it today by faith, and let Him empower you to walk through the difficulty into a place of victory in Jesus’ name!

Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy upon my life. Thank You for empowering me to rise above every obstacle. I trust that You are moving me forward into the victory You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Bible Text:
2 Corinthians 12: 9,10

LOGIN