The right paths, lead to the right destination—the Shepherd’s home

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

Fault/Bug The right paths, lead to the right destination—the Shepherd’s home

Post by kpowell »

Bible texts:
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
John 15:5
Philippians 4:13
John 10:14-18
Isaiah 63:9

4 paths:
" First, they are the right paths because they lead to the right destination—the Shepherd’s home.
Second, they are the right paths because they keep us in harmony with the right Person—the Shepherd Himself.
Third, they are the right paths because they train us to be the right people—like the Shepherd.
Fourth, they are the right paths because they give us the right witness—as we become the right people, we give glory to the Lord.
They are “right” or “righteous” paths, whether the going is easy or hard."

"Imagine the “paths of righteousness” (Ps. 23:3) stretching out before you, way out into the distance.
You cannot see the end, but you know that at the end of the journey is home, God’s house.
As you focus a little closer to you, do you see where the path leads?
You can see some places clearly, but other parts are totally obstructed by large or dangerous obstacles. Sometimes the path disappears over a ridge.

"No matter how deep the valley or how persistent the enemies, the certainty of God’s goodness and unfailing love and the certainty of His guidance to the very end of our journey is unquestionable.
If these thoughts could sustain Jesus through Calvary, we should take heart, as well."
+++++++++++

The great news from God today is that we are no longer what we used to be. Why?
Because we have already been justified” in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians 6:11) And the greatest miracle is that no matter what you have been, God can change you right now: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
Praise God.

Say a little prayer:
Thank you Lord Jesus, because today I am not what I was. The past has been left behind, Through Your blood, I am forgiven and my new life is a reality!

May the words of this song encourage you:
Only Trust Him | John H. Stockton

Come, every soul by sin oppressed,
There’s mercy with the Lord,
And He will surely give you rest
By trusting in His Word.
o Refrain:
Only trust Him, only trust Him,
Only trust Him now;
He will save you, He will save you,
He will save you now.

For Jesus shed His precious blood