Patient Endurance !!! ‘Yet’

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

Patient Endurance !!! ‘Yet’

Post by kpowell »

Bible texts:
Psalm 34:1
Psalms 46:10
Proverbs 3:5-6
Exodus 14:13
Romans 5:3-5

Being impatient is NOT a good character trait. But thank God it has an opposite called patience!
We just have to endure
both words require a great degree of self-control
the Bible has so many stories that talk about people who had to wait: Abram and Sarai was granted a child at the age of 90 and Abram was 100 yrs old; the woman with the issue of blood waited for 12 yrs; Job waited while going through tribulation sickness, loss of loved ones and pain
waiting is a part of life: the doctor's office, the bank, the airport, grocery stores, attraction/theme parks, schools, cafeterias, taxi stands, bus stands, and we could go on.
how long have you been waiting for God to deliver on His promises to you for your life? days, months, years? Waiting for God to move and to answer
+++++++

Whatever your time in the waiting room was or is, just remember that God timing is always perfect. Waiting on God's plan requires patience and absolute trust.
Proverbs 3:5-6
We don't need to help God out while we are waiting.( i am so guilty of that) but i have learnt my lesson the hard way so now i wait and wait and i can tell you it is hard but it has a purpose with God and it is always worth the wait !!
++++++++++

5 things to do While waiting:
1. pray while waiting. Let prayer be your 1st response and be your home base as you wait on God.

The waiting will become more easy and bearable.
Philippians 4:6-8 King James Version
6 Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

2. Surrender to the process
I know that, if you are like me, you may want to be in control of things (you may like planning, structure, organisation). But we need to allow Jesus Christ our Saviour to lead the way. Change is good! Trust the process
Psalms 46:10
“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”

3. Consider the lessons in the way. Is there a purpose for this season of waiting?
Romans 5:3-5 King James Version
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

4. FOCUS ON THE BLESSINGS !! There is always a reason to give God thanks and praise for.
The word “YET”- can be used as an adverb. It means nevertheless, in spite of, nonetheless, even so, however, notwithstanding, be that as it may, additionally, besides, up until now, still...
Make a conscious effort to focus on the things God has done for you, your blessings and give thanks in all things and circumstances.
Raise your sights off the problem and look to the problem solver- your Creator God Almighty who is in heaven

5.read your bible and stay in the word
Psalm 34:1
34 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

LOGIN