He died for us (Qtr 4 - Week 6: 5 November)

The public forum for It's Biblical show.
Download the study guide and resources and join in live every Saturdays 9am - 11am.
LMcDonald

He died for us (Qtr 4 - Week 6: 5 November)

Post by LMcDonald »

Wk 6 He died for us.jpg
Key Text: “ ‘And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life’ ” (John 3:14, 15, NKJV)

It has been said that we cannot avoid death and taxes. That’s not entirely true. People can avoid taxes—but not death. They might be able to put death off a few years, but sooner or later, death always comes. And because we know that the dead, both the righteous and the wicked, end up in the same place at first, our hope of the resurrection means everything to us. As Paul has said, without this hope, even “those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished” (1 Corinthians 15:18, NKJV), which is a rather strange thing to say if those who “have fallen asleep in Christ” are buzzing about heaven in the presence of God.

Thus, Christ’s resurrection is central to our faith, because in His resurrection we have the surety of our own. But before Christ was resurrected from the dead, He, of course, had to die. This is why, amid the agony of Gethsemane, in anticipation of His death, He prayed: “ ‘Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? “Father, save Me from this hour”? But for this purpose I came to this hour’ ” (John 12:27, NKJV). And that purpose was to die.

This week we will focus on Christ’s death and what it means for the promise of eternal life

Thought question: Read 2 Corinthians 5:18–21. If Christ died for the sins of the whole world, why won’t everyone be saved? Why does personal choice play a crucial role in determining who will be saved by the Cross and who will be lost despite the great sacrifice made in their behalf?

He died for us (Qtr 4 - Week 6: 5 November) Part1
He died for us (Qtr 4 - Week 6: 5 November) Part2

Audio recordings are available 5-10 minutes after the show has aired.

LOGIN