By beholding we become transformed

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

Fault/Bug By beholding we become transformed

Post by kpowell »

Bible Texts:
Psalm 86:11
Revelation 22:3- 4

Devotional
'Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name' (Psalm 86:11).

To obey God is to experience joy. Our desire should always be to please God and be faithful to Him. But unless God give us that understanding and bring to life His Words into our hearts, we will not be able to please Him. David wanted badly to do the will of God; and for Him to help him form the right habits. So He cried out to God, "Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear your name."

Like David, do you have a desire to do the will of God and to honour Him?

Do you desire God's help in forming the right habits?

Then it must be your desire to live a Christlike life, to cherish His Word and to live in it daily.
You need to pray earnestly to God, and ask Him to open your eyes of understanding and to teach you His Word that you may comprehend the depth of His love.
Cry out to God, testify of His goodness, immerse yourself in His Word that you may know and experience the love of Christ that surpasses all knowledge and understanding.

Let the Word of God take hold of you, that you may experience its transforming power. When it seems like you're forgetting the goodness of God, or Who He really is, cry out and ask Him to unite your heart to fear His name - to refocus your thoughts, to obey and honour Him.

If our hearts are not united, there can be nothing but confusion; indecision; distraction and disharmony in our lives. We have to ask God to give us His light, and with our whole heart walk in it; to prevent us from going into all direction. Let our prayer be, 'Lord unite my heart to fear thy name.'

Have a wonderful day 🌹

LOGIN