PURPOSE THROUGH PAIN WITH GUEST PERCIVAL MCCOOKE

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

Post by kpowell »

1 Peter 4:19

Never lean on your own understanding. But on what God says in his word!

Psalm 34:18

Everything should be given over to God

Special Guest:

Percival McCooke aka Dave or Percy one of 3 boys in a family of 5 children 2 sisters.
Former break dance back then, 1980s
Came to UK around 1988, started life here and became a Father to 3 beautiful girls.
Got a deeper calling in church in the 1990s, but prior to this, I always attended a Pentecostal church whilst growing up in Jamaica, same here in UK.
Appointed as a Deacon 2018, called into office as a Minister 2022. I am now called in Pastors role in 2023 .

Work life: Previously worked in Domestic Violence service, being the only male on an all-female establishment, supporting both same sex and heterosexual relationship. Helping them to avert from violence .

I also worked a youth officer supporting young people 11-16 yrs old that, who were perpetrating physical abuse/ violence to their parents, also sibling rivalry and to deter them from the court and young offenders institute.

My background achievements:
Counselling and Psychotherapist
BACP British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapist registered as a therapist.

Currently working in past 15yrs in substance misuse i.e Drugs and Alcohol Service.
Previously with young people 18-21, currently work only with adult in entrenched drug using.

My Purpose in the community: Help youth to understand themselves and how abuse affects themselves and others
God positioned me in this role

3 key words for me: Leadership, Discipline and Delivery

3 key words for me: Leadership, Discipline and Delivery

LOGIN