I Found A Better Way

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

I Found A Better Way

Post by kpowell »

“For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: for so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:5-11).

Bible text: 2 Peter 1:5-11

Hymn: I Found A Better Way

Oh! Don’t Look For Me To Go,
Where I Used To Go Before,
I Don’t Go There Any More,
I Found A Better Way.
Don’t Look For Me To Say,
All The Things I Used To Say Before,
I Don’t Say Them Anymore,
I Found A Better Way.

Oh Well I’ve Found A Better Way,
Brighter Paths For My Feet.
My Heart Found Joy So Sweet,
I Found A Better Way.
And Since I Found The Church,
I’ve Found A Place To Pray.
And There I Found The Lord,
I Found A Better Way.

Don’t Look For Me To Be,
Just Like I Used To Be.
There’s Been A Change In Me,
I’ve Found A Better Way.
I May Not Walk So Proud,
And I May Not Boast So Loud,
But I’m Boud For Heaven Now,
I’ve Found A Better Way.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
'In God there is no failure': The leap of faith a millionaire NFL star took that landed him on a farm in NC

Jason Brown was the highest paid NFL center with a contract of $37.5 million in 2009. By 2012, Jason walked away from football and bought a farm with his wife. Jason taught himself how to operate the farm by watching YouTube videos and the rest is history. To date, First Fruits Farm donates all their crops to families in need. Jason and his wife, Tay, talk about walking away from millions and more.

++++++++++++++++++++++

'' Millionaire NFL star shares why he quit football to farm in NC''

LOUISURG, N.C. (WTVD) -- A former Tar Heel and star NFL lineman spoke with Tamron Hall about how his decision to stop playing football was inspired by God and his late brother's sacrifice.
At age 26, Jason Brown signed a $37.5 million contract--one of the largest at the time for any NFL lineman. A few years later he would decide to end his football career early.
"People tell me that I'm crazy, they downright tell me that I'm stupid--OK?--to walk away from millions of dollars. Because if you have the opportunity to play in the NFL, it's supposed to be a no-brainer," Brown said on the Tamron Hall Show.
After the St. Louis Rams cut him from the team in 2012, Brown took a long, hard look in the mirror. Instead of fighting for a position on another team, Brown decided to walk away from it all.
"A big inspiration from my story comes from my older brother. He was slain in service, serving our country over in Iraq and Afghanistan."
Brown said he was living the life of entertainment and materialism but wanted to make a leap toward service to honor his brother.
"God told me he had something greater in store for me."
SEE ALSO: ABC11's John Clark spoke with Brown in 2019 about his transition to farming
He says he asked Jesus what he could do with all of the blessings he had been given. The answer he heard; I want you to feed my people.
Although Brown didn't know anything about farming, he began walking by faith.
"Before I had to wrestle 300-pound defensive linemen. Now I have to wrestle 1,000-pound cows."
Brown's wife said it was quite the transition going from living in a mansion to living on a farm, but she would never go back.
[source: By Danielle Scruggs abc11.com]

LOGIN