Without a test we cannot have a testimony. Faith as a mustard seed

The Stand Up Stand Out forum. Live every Thursday 7pm - 8pm.
Join in the discussion.
kpowell

Fault/Bug Without a test we cannot have a testimony. Faith as a mustard seed

Post by kpowell »

Bible Texts:

Isaiah 41:10
Revelation 21:1-5
1 Corinthians 15:54- 55
Revelation 7:14
Hebrews 9:28

It is the trials that will bring blessing unto God.
Without a test we cannot have a testimony. Have faith as a mustard seed

Isaiah 41:10 - King James Version
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

“In the parable, the foolish virgins are represented as begging for oil, and failing to receive it at their request. This is symbolic of those who have not prepared themselves by developing a character to stand in a time of crisis. It is as if they should go to their neighbours and say, Give me your character, or I shall be lost. Those that were wise could not impart their oil to the flickering lamps of the foolish virgins. Character is not transferable. It is not to be bought or sold; it is to be acquired…
The Lord has given to every individual an opportunity to obtain a righteous character through the hours of probation; but he has not provided a way by which one human agent may impart to another the character which he has developed by going through hard experiences, by learning lessons from the great Teacher, so that he can manifest patience under trial, and exercise faith so that he can remove mountains of impossibility.”

— Ellen G. White, The Youth’s Instructor, January 16, 1896."

"The great British preacher Charles Haddon Spurgeon wrote a book called The Practice of Praise. Where he lists three important things that can help in developing praise in our lives:

1. Praise is practiced as we look around us. If we do not look around us to see the greatness of God, we will have no reason to praise Him.
"2. Praise is practiced as we remember what we have seen. If we want to live in an atmosphere of praise, we must be able to recall the reason for it.
"3. Praise is practiced as we talk about it. Praise is not something that we do in our heads. It is meant to come out of our mouths, to be heard by those around us.

When God is on the verge of doing something new in our lives, He may bring us to a Jericho, for He may need to teach us that the power to triumph does not come in our own strength and strategies.
So, no matter what is in front of us, no matter how insurmountable it may seem, our role is to praise God—the Source of everything we need.
This is faith in action."
Praying Down Those Walls !!

No More Death And Tears
https://beta-sabbath-school.web.app/lesson/2022-12-28/

"Life can be very hard, unfair, cruel. Some people, so dear to us, are brutally taken away by the cold embrace of death. Or some people come subtly into our lives, steal our feelings, and then walk away as if nothing ever happened. How terrible it is to be betrayed by someone whom we loved and trusted."

"There are moments when, with a broken heart, we may even wonder if life is worth living.

Regardless of our sorrows, however, God is always eager to wipe away from our cheeks as many tears as possible. But some of our heaviest tears will continue streaming down until that glorious day when death, sorrow, and crying will cease to exist (Revelation 21:1-5)."

LOGIN