Mission to my Neighbour (Qtr 4 - Week 7: 18 November)

The public forum for It's Biblical show.
Download the study guide and resources and join in live every Saturdays 9am - 11am.
LMcDonald

Mission to my Neighbour (Qtr 4 - Week 7: 18 November)

Post by LMcDonald »

2023 Qtr 4 Wk 7 Mission to my Neighbour.jpg
Key Text: “He answered, ‘ “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind”; and, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” ’ ” (Luke 10:27, NIV).

We all know the text: “ ‘ “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind” ’ ” (Luke 10:27, NIV). Yet, our love for God can become superficial if we say that we love God but do not obey Him. We think that we love God, but how is this love demonstrated in our day-to-day life? Loving God requires full commitment of our heart, soul, body, and mind—daily. Anyone can say that he or she loves God; doing it, however, requires conscious effort.

However, even though loving God is good and important, God also wants us to love others, because our love for others reflects our love for God, and it does so in a powerful and very real way. First John 4:20 states, “If someone says, ‘I love God,’ and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?” (NKJV). Paul also says in Galatians 5:14 that “all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself’ ” (NKJV).

This week we will be learning how this lesson can be applied in our lives.

Thought questions: How much do you care about the welfare of others? How much do you follow the words of Paul: “Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others” (Phil. 2:4, NKJV)? By God’s grace, how can you learn to care more for others?

Mission to my Neighbour (Qtr 4 - Week 7: 18 November) Part1
Mission to my neighbour (Qtr 4 - Week 7:18 November) Part2

Audio recordings are available 5-10 minutes after the show has aired.

LOGIN