Mission to the needy (Qtr 4 - Week 8: 25 November)

The public forum for It's Biblical show.
Download the study guide and resources and join in live every Saturdays 9am - 11am.
LMcDonald

Mission to the needy (Qtr 4 - Week 8: 25 November)

Post by LMcDonald »

2023 Qtr 4 Wk 8 Mission to the needy.jpg
Key Text: “And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly,I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me’ ” (Matthew 25:40, NKJV).

Luke 5:17–26 provides many illustrations of how God is helping those in need. Sometimes God uses others to help us, or He uses us to help others. This work can be challenging, but it brings great rewards. By helping those in need, we are modelling the ministry of Jesus Christ. Sometimes it is easy to tell who is in need of help; at other times it is difficult to know. Whatever the situation, we are called to be God’s helpers for all people in need, regardless of their background.

The Bible encourages us to draw close to strangers, and by winning their confidence we can learn better ways of helping them find Jesus.

In this week’s lesson, our topic, “Mission to the Needy,” shows that God has a plan to reach those who might be needy in any number of ways. Their needs might be physical, emotional, financial, or even social: that is, some might be deemed as outcasts from their community or family. Whatever the needs are, we must be ready to do what we can to help. This is a central part of what it means to be a Christian and what mission must include.

Thought questions: Who around you, right now, needs some help? What are you going to do for them?

Mission to the needy (Qtr 4 - Week 8: 25 November) Part1
Mission to the needy (Qtr 4 - Week 8: 25 November) Part2

Audio recordings are available 5-10 minutes after the show has aired.

LOGIN